Dr. Karen Reivich’s talk will describe the science of resilience and thriving and will teach two critical skills that enhance people to navigate life’s challenges and strengthen well-being. Dr. Reivich will describe the importance of developing an optimistic mindset and will teach those in attendance how to cultivate optimism during times of stress. Dr. Reivich will also discuss the importance of designing gratitude practices and will guide the participants in a gratitude exercise.
- Participants will learn the protective factors that contribute to resilience
- Participants will learn the science of optimism
- Participants will learn how to develop an optimistic mindset
- Participants will learn the science of gratitude
- Participants will learn and practice a gratitude exercise